The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of our client's health and welfare and retirement savings plan benefits. This role will also be the primary administrator for our client’s leave and disability programs.
- Administer various benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, fsa, commuter benefits and 401(k) plans.
- Serve as primary liaison for employee questions.
- Work with benefit vendors to quickly resolve issues.
- Manage all aspects of leave of absence and disability programs including providing policy information to employees, working closely with our third-party administrator, collaborating with HR Business Partners, providing timely pay updates to our Payroll team, creating benefit premium invoices and monitoring cases.
- Assure accuracy/reconciliation of premium invoices and coordinating payments through Accounting.
- Monitor online benefit enrollments and changes, auditing as necessary.
- Participate in the annual renewal process and strategy.
- Assist with the Open Enrollment process including development of materials, communications, system testing and auditing.
- Assist with ensuring all benefit plan compliance requirements are met including testing, auditing, Form 5500 filings, required notices and 1095-C reporting/filing.
- Partner with our internal Culture and Community team on wellness initiatives and other benefits-related events.
- Develop and oversee communication of benefits and educational opportunities throughout the year including quarterly 401(k) sessions.
- Manage all Workers Compensation claims and oversee OSHA filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field
- 3+ years direct benefit administration experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in UltiPro/UKG preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FMLA, ADA, Workers’ Compensation, Affordable Health Care Act and federal and state laws regarding benefits (e.g. ERISA, Sec. 125, COBRA etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple critical, time-sensitive projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and organizational skills