You will be tasked with diagnosing, assessing, managing, and treating hearing problems and balance disorders, discussing symptoms with patients, documenting treatment, and ordering equipment. You will also evaluate and manage individuals with hearing, speech, and related disorders, including providing auditory training and fitting hearing aids. You may also research the causes and treatment of innovative methods for preventing and treating hearing loss.
This is as much a Sales/Upselling role, as it is as an Audiologist. There is a large amount of client interaction, helping clients buy the "right" instruments, but this role is on a base plus commission basis, and commissions can be up to 3-4X the base salary.
- Conduct hearing or speech and language evaluations, test, or examinations to patients
- Collect information on nature and level of impairment, using scientific instruments and automated equipment
- Evaluate hearing disorders to reach a diagnosis and provide treatment options
- Counsel and educate patients in methods to improve hearing impairment, including lip reading and sign language
- Inspect and clean patients’ ear canals
- Fit and distribute assistive tools to meet patients’ goals, such as hearing aids
- Maintain patients records at all stages of the exam process, from initial evaluation to discharge
- Monitor patients’ progress and release them from treatment when goals are attained
- Master’s Degree in Audiology required
- 3+ years’ experience in audiology
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- ASLHA / CCC-A / FAAA certification
- Current Audiology License