To be successful in this role, you must be a hands-on engineering leader who enjoys not only planning and implementing technical solutions, but also inspiring innovation from your team of dedicated distribution operations professionals. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will leverage your drive and expertise to support the company’s North American leaders.
Position Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
• Manage daily operations of the Engineering project team.
• Negotiate capital equipment purchases to achieve best possible terms.
• Work with regional distribution leadership teams to develop purchasing forecasts, transition to new equipment and retire old equipment.
• Manage quarterly capital request process.
• Maintain project schedules and budgets.
• Work with databases to identify improvement opportunities and research projects.
• Manage equipment installation from purchase negotiations through testing and handoff to the Operations team.
• Develop equipment / layout needs based on company growth.
• Bachelor’s degree required; focus in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in distribution and engineering project management along with team leadership responsibilities.
• Experience in a high volume distribution and warehousing environment is highly preferred.
• Strong thought leader with experience in managing large capital expenditure projects (i.e. purchase and installation of capital equipment, managing budgets, maintaining a project timeline/meeting milestones, working with outside vendors, etc.).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Access.
• Familiarity with data extraction, analysis and volume based metrics is required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.