The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for implementing a Quality Control system and team that promotes customer satisfaction. The position will champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to develop an effective Quality Control system. In addition, this position holds supervisory responsibility for all Quality Control employees.
Essential Job Duties/Functions:
• Serve as Automotive Management Representative and as a member of the Quality Council
• Analyze, evaluate, and present information concerning factors such as production capabilities, manufacturing problems, and compliance to procedures for consideration by other members of the management team
• Suggest and debate alternative methods and procedures for solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities
• Cooperate with other top management personnel to formulate and establish company policies, operating procedures, and goals
• Develop initial and subsequent modifications of the product assurance program
• Delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within the product assurance program
• Conduct meetings with subordinates to establish, delineate, and review both the product assurance program and organizational policies
• Coordinate functions and operations between departments and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining the organization’s objectives
• Review technical problems and procedures of departments and recommend solutions to problems or changes in procedures
• Visit and confer with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards including material certifications and other specifications as needed
• Confer with the engineers and quality staff of customers about the quality assurance of any and all products
• Review technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of technical developments in the industry
• Perform performance reviews of all subordinate employees and direct their daily activities to enhance the continued growth of their capabilities within the department.
• Generate reports as required and keep management updated on all areas of department responsibility.
• Visit customers’ facilities to ensure total compliance with customers quality needs
• Promote a positive company image at all times
• Follow the organization's policies as well as any applicable laws while carrying out any of his or her managerial duties
• Assists Human Resources with screening of applicants, scheduling interviews, monitoring drug screening process, and onboarding.
• Handles discipline/developmental issues among subordinates along with terminations.
• Prepares annual performance appraisals on subordinates.
• This job has direct supervisory responsibilities over the Quality Assurance Department.