*** Local Candidates Only - Minimum 1 year Contract ***
The HRIS Consultant’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the HRIS department in alignment with the business objectives of the HR Administration Department and the organization. The role will plan, coordinate, direct and design HRIS-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the HRIS department. The role will work closely with decision makers in HR Shared Services Department to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions. The role will also help define and implement HRIS policies, procedures and best practices. The role reports to the Director of HR Shared Services.
- Lead the HRIS department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all HRIS systems.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the HRIS infrastructure and HRIS systems.
- Assist in managing financial aspects of the HRIS department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop and implement HRIS policies and procedures, including those for security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Assist in negotiating and administering vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Conduct and participate in HRIS and HR Shared Services Team meetings, providing guidance and direction in accordance with overall strategy
- Maintain internal database files and tables, and develops custom reports to meet the requirements of company management and staff.
- Identify training needs of end users and develop and provide the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Lead the HRIS team in managing the day-to-day activities to support the HR, Payroll, Benefits and other inter-related functions. Serve as an interface between internal/external customers and the functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications. Provide overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources, and their activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field
- Must have a minimum of five years of management experience in HRIS applications, ADP Enterprise Version 5 required.
- Proven experience in HRIS infrastructure planning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into HRIS issues and products as required.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to handle information in a manner which protects confidentiality