This position is responsible for the investigation of team member concerns including discrimination, harassment, retaliation or any other concerns that has or could have a negative impact on the Company and the team member experience. This includes employee or non-employee investigations involving activity against the Company’s principles and/or direct violation of Company policy. This position is responsible for conducting investigations throughout the company’s various business units. In addition, this position will work with representatives from Human Resources, Legal, Finance, Internal Audit and all Business Units to ensure the delivery of effective investigative services
Conducting Employee Relations investigations for US based team member concerns
Major Responsibilities/Key Tasks
- Manage multiple types of investigations (i.e. discrimination, harassment, retaliation, policy, workplace behavior, litigation support, workplace violence, etc.).
- Conduct investigations and ensure that all investigations/inquiries are completed in an objective manner and brought to a logical conclusion in the best interest of the Company.
- Secure factual data by speaking with all involved, parties, including witnesses and leveraging investigation protocol, process, and systems to provide a recommendation on next steps and corrective action to the appropriate HR resource.
- Provide in-depth analysis of information developed during the course of investigations and support the investigative efforts of others.
- Compose investigative summaries related to investigations and prepare reports upon request
- Bachelor Degree is required. MBA or Masters in Organizational Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Education or related field is preferred
- 5-8 years progressive leadership in human resource management or comparable area; specific expertise in employee relations required
- PHR/GPHR or investigation specific certification preferred.
- Experience in consulting and providing recommendations
- Experience in measurement/ analytics (data collection, analysis and interpretation) to support fact-based, predictive decision making
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Problem solving and systemic thinking skills- critical analytics/ diagnosis/ prioritization skills. Strong decision making skills and judgment to drive the right impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Presents views and arguments well to a variety of levels and audiences. Can explain concepts in a way that is simple.
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed environment
- Highly ethical- high integrity- does the right thing for the business and our team members. Exercise good judgment in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Must understand all applicable federal laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.